Friday 30 June 2017

A CONFESSION OF A LYNCHING MAN


My dear fellow citizens, I'm a lynching man. I have no individual identity, in fact, I'm searching it under the disguise of mob. Yes! I'm a lynching Man; who knows how to try a case on the street. Believe me! I'm a blood thirsty judge, who kills innocence for the sake of dogma. I know, however, that the basic foundation of human civilization lies in scientific knowledge, but my faith does not allow me to search the truth. For me, the grammar of knowledge is an instrument of coward; I develop hysteria, an environment of suspicion and terror; this makes me powerful like a Leviathan. My trial is, of course, not for justice, because I don't want to expose myself as a weak fellow. For that purpose, one needs to read moral prescriptions and laws, which I hate doing. I convict a person before the completion of trial. Tell me, Isn't it an example of speedy trial? People fear what they don't know, in a way, I'm a merchant of darkness, who knows how to play with emotions. Ironically, a bright side of emotion makes me a beautiful human being, to the contrary, the dark side of it gives me strengths and motivation to terrorize somebody who doesn't conform to my dogmatic belief. Victim asks me for pardon, but I choose to remain like a king who never retracts from earlier conviction. After all, I'm a lynching man; who is a witness of many a bill of attenders. Now, I'm the law, and I'm the Court, and mind it, I'm not in search of validity or efficacy of law, as long as, I can terrorize anybody by brute powers. I don't, of course, forget to show my gratitude towards mob; those, who are emotional fools, make my day; they're my real source of strength. Because, as long as a society forgets to heed humanism, and accepts dogma as a guiding principle, a merchant of darkness like me will easily bath in blood of innocence. Yes! I confess, I'm a lynching man; a son of lynching Republic.


Posted By: Mrityunjay Kr. Singh (Research Scholar, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi)

1 comment:

  1. Mrit. Excellent description power/violence and brute force. Coercion as an integral element of law is unique genius of liberal law. cognates

    ReplyDelete

Mentality of Law: Legal Research Paradigms-Conclusions

Mentality of Law: Legal Research Paradigms-Conclusions It is the common belief, agreeably, that no research is complete. T...